How many times have we said, “I don’t know where this month, or year has gone? I’m sure it has something to do with my age, but it seems I’m both saying and hearing this phrase a lot. Today is the 1st day of Winter. It’s the shortest day of the year and after today the days will get longer.
With my fast moving days, Spring will be here before I know it. Before that happens I decided to list the things I like about winter. I was surprised because my first thought was ‘nothing.’
- Shorter days, yep that means more time to sit in my jammies.
- The fireplace, crisp cold weather makes having a cosy fire a real joy.
- No guilt over not working in the yard
- Soup, love that pot of soup simmering on the stove or in the crock pot
- Sweaters, I used to love these, but then my figure shifted and …. Well you know. Now the one-size-fits-all styles are in and I am sooooo loving them.
- Leggings, didn’t think I’d ever do leggings, but they are so comfy and with the longer, sweaters and tunics they look good. Okay, they look acceptable. If you haven’t tried them you might want to take the leap.
- With shorter days, the nights are longer. I like that.
- Oh and naps, lots of afternoon naps.
How about you, what do you like about winter? And, before you say nothing, reach a little, it’s a great time of the year.
Now confession time. We are going to skip January, the month that say’s “WINTER” in capital letters, and head south for spring like weather. Maybe we will need to think about the snow bird thing in future years. In the meantime I’m going to think of ways of making time slow down. Maybe I can work on being bored. Will that do it?
3 more days until Christmas.
Wishing You A Very Merry Christmas
A Happy 2018.