In America, the elections are over and only the counting continues. And, enough said about that. When you add in that most of our holiday celebrations will be muted this year due to COVID-19, well… Enough said about that, too.
Instead, I’m going to celebrate all things good in 2020. Some nationally and internationally, some personal.
- I get online with three of my grandchildren every week as an adjunct to their online schools. We do some math games, play hangman, and read out loud. Well, at least, that’s what I do with the eleven-year-olds. The six-year-old and I have a dance party. After a week of trying to sit for various online school sessions, she needs to expend some energy. So on goes the music and we dance on our respective sides of the video screen. J
- The U.S. celebrated the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment, which recognized women’s federal right to vote.
- My husband and I have taken a couple days here and there to stay in rental homes or condos and get different views. That’s kept me sane because we’re staying home a LOT. Don’t get me wrong, I like our house and we have an acre of property, but I need something different once in a while.
- I’ve binge-watched Grey’s Anatomy. (Made it through season 11, sigh, and I’m currently in season 12.)
- Drive-In theaters have made a comeback.
- I haven’t (yet) grown out of my jeans, even though I spend most of my time in sweats. Whew!
- Diversity is discussed more now than ever. (Praying that brings about positive changes.)
- Brad Pitt won his first Oscar. (About time.)
- Hamilton. Wow. Enough said.
- We have an amazing great-granddaughter, now 7 months old and so precious.
- I finished a painting project and a 30-year long crochet project, among other things.
And so many more. It’s been a good year in so many ways. I hope you all have an opportunity to count your blessings.