With fall looming I thought it was time for a recipe and this is now one of our favorites.
We bought Cosco’s Shepherds Pie and loved it. Their version is made with hamburger and Linda and I decided to try beef stew meat. We didn’t look up a recipe and I realized as I did a little looking before writing this that there are a lot of recipes on the web. Just Google.
Make any size you want. We made a 9×13 one.
* Stew meat – we got stew meat that was cut in small pieces at Safeway. I’d never seen it like this but it cooked faster.
* mashed potatoes – we used instant and they tasted great. We did mix grated cheese in them
* can of beef broth
* can of mushroom soup
* pea’s & corn – we used frozen
* carrots, we used baby carrots
* seasoning – Johnny’s Dock & garlic powder
Brown stew meat with flour (use enough flour so it will make a thick gravy). In a pan or bowl mix broth, soup, and vegetables. Stir in browned meat and season. Put in a casserole dish (again we used the 9×13 size). Cook in 350° until meat is tender and the stew thick.
Spread mashed potatoes over top as thick as you want and put back in oven until brown.