We have been really busy lately and for us busy, stressful, or whatever, means a craving for comfort food.
I’m betting most of you will have some version of this recipe in your files. This came to us from a friend who brought it over after my father’s services. We all loved it and through the years mom revised it to what it is today.
This is the type of recipe that has never had a cup of this or tablespoon of that. Instead, it has a bit of this and a can of that. It all depends on how much you make. We always make a large pan. Love those leftovers.
- Fry hamburger I use anywhere from a lb and half to 3 lbs. (we like hamburger)
- Boil egg noodles in salted water. I use at least a 12oz package but adjust for the amount of hamburger.
- As soon as the hamburger is done, (don’t let it cool it’s easier to mix if it is at least warm), add
- cream of mushroom soup (1 or 2 cans)
- cream cheese (again we like cream cheese so I use quite a bit)
- sour cream optional just make sure there is a lot of goop in the hamburger.
Mix hamburger with goop and noodles together
- Layer noodle mix in pan
- Layer grated cheese
- Layer mix
- Top with grated cheese