Valentine’s Day is this weekend and I hope everyone enjoys it.
A couple of fun facts about Valentine’s Day:
- In Victorian times it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine’s Day card.
- Based on retail statistics, about 3 per cent of pet owners will give Valentine’s Day gifts to their pets.
- Richard Cadbury produced the first box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day in the late 1800s.
- The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love
- 220,000 is the average number of wedding proposals on Valentine’s Day each year.
I was fortunate this year with my writing to be able to have a book around Valentine’s Day. Melt My Heart is part of the Candy Hearts Romance series from The Wild Rose Press. I had to use an actual candy hearts saying for the book.
As for Miss Penny, she’s her usually crazy puppy. Since we had some sun this last week she was very happy to be able to be outside, but she wasn’t happy when mommy gave her a bath.
Have a great Valentine’s Day.