Ah, News Years day 2016. And, a time to make Resolutions or Not. Seriously I don’t do much of that. Maybe goals (I can measure those). But what about predictions? It seems to me that every few years there used to be predictions that the world would end. They would get down to the day and even the time, but with 2000 having come and gone I don’t see much of those doomsday events predicted. At least not for a time, day, month, or specific year. If they are around I haven’t heard them.
All this pondering had me taking a look at what experts and psychics are saying about 2016. In no order this is some of them.
Women will continue the upward corporate career advances, especially in boardrooms.
Apple will roll out more bold surprises. (Umm even I might be able to predict this one)
In-home food delivery will drop. Okayyyy I wasn’t using it anyway. ☺
Of course there are a lot of political predictions, but I am purposely not going there. Still if you’re interested it’s a good topic to google. I enjoyed seeing what is out there and the detail of even running mates as I researched the content for this post. And who do you think they are predicting to be the new President? Oh no, you’ll have to look it up as OTBF has vowed to stay out of political posts.
Another six states will join the ranks of legalizing marijuana.
Economic growth will stay steady but slow.
My favorite predictions are the scientific ones. Here are a few.
• Self-cooling apparel. I’m still keeping those pillows on my list to check out even though you don’t ‘wear’ them.
• A new drug to fight Alzheimer’s will be made available. No magic bullet but it is predicted to slow down the disease.
• Hoverboards, the prediction I read said to expect to ride or at least be dodging these. Okay now to get them to stop blowing up and catching fire.
• Self-driving cars are expected to make big strides into being the transportation of the future.
• An increase in cyber hacking with a warning to watch those email inbox attachments.
• With all of the climate changes, not a prediction, a fact, food prices will go up on things like almonds, avocado’s and cocoa. Probably a lot more, but the article I read listed these.
The predictions I listed barely scratch the surface of what’s out there. I enjoyed reading the different predictions. Some were pretty far out, some I didn’t like so decided not to repeat here, and of course some are not the light material that OTBF uses for backyard fence discussions. Google 2016 Predictions or Crystal ball 2016 for light and not so light reading.
Wishing you all a HAPPY, HEALTHY and WONDERFUL 2016.