Cold mornings and warmer afternoons and then cool soccer games—it must be fall. We certainly can’t complain about not getting ready for winter this year because it has been an amazing fall season.
We finally finished Fall Softball and have just a couple more soccer games, then off to Idaho, a lot, to watch one of our granddaughters play college basketball. Possibly a lot of traveling this winter! Jim can’t seem to imagine missing one of her games and every time I talk to her on the phone it’s always “tell Grandpa hi for me!”
Because, believe it or not, things have been a little quiet around here, I thought I’d share my Blueberry Muffin recipe with you this month. The kids like them better than Costco, maybe just because they know I will make them when they ask. One thing I did notice was: this year our blueberry crop was not great so I bought frozen blueberries to make them for my hunters and because the berries were so big I didn’t think they were as good. Something to be said for our small blueberries!!
BLUE BERRY SOUR CREAM MUFFINS
- Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- Yield: 24 Servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Sour Cream
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar. While beating, slowly pour in oil; add vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with the sour cream to the egg mixture. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Yield: 24 muffins. I make these in the big muffin tins, cook them about 10 minutes longer and get 12 muffins.
Enjoy and have a wonderful Autumn!!