With drones in the news these days it has made me think back to when I was a kid and read Sci Fi comic books. So many images in those books could be actual photographs in todays world. Some that come to my mind are:
• Sky lines – looking back on some of those futuristic drawings of cities there are a lot of similarities.
• Cars – and the driverless ones that have been in the news.
• The airport with it’s transit trains to get from one concourse to another
• The computer – The big mainframes were depicted and of course terminals of today
• Robots, I think of the floor cleaning ones and in fact I’m thinking of getting one.
There are so many things out there that seem to have walked out of a Sci Fi authors mind and into reality. One article says that Microsoft, Google, Apple and other firms have brought in science fiction writers to give talks and meet with developers and research departments. Some have even hired authors to create what-if stories with potential future products.
I love technology and I’m glad to be living in this age but it can be scary when you think of some of the other things that todays Sci Fi authors are writing like Hunger Games and Diversion. Ummm maybe I need to go back to Twilight and vampires. They somehow don’t seem to be as scary.