posted by Laurie Ryan
I can’t remember if anyone has posted a Taco Soup recipe here, but my mother recently made this from a cookbook I helped print up for a charity event a bunch of years ago. The family who ate this soup at Mom’s raved about it (in a good way), so I thought I’d post it here.
- 1 pound hamburger (browned and drained)
- 1 can tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (not drained)
- 1 can kidney beans (not drained)
- 1 large can tomato sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning
- sour cream and/or grated cheese
- Taco chips
Combine all ingredients except the last three in a pot and heat through. I generally heat it for a good half hour. Place taco chips in bottom of soup bowl. Pour in soup. Top with sour cream, cheese, and/or salsa.