Zorro, our guide dog puppy, is eight months old today and I can’t believe how fast the precious months with our boy are passing. He’s pretty challenging at times and certainly keeps us on our toes, but he’s an absolute joy and makes us laugh all day long. He loved the snow and bounced around like a lamb, found a new girlfriend to flirt with and generally enjoyed himself. He’s a bright lad, knows the rules but most of the time decides to ignore them. His current favourite game is hiding from us and only last night he peeked out from behind the closed curtains in the sitting room with said curtains wrapped around his neck like a cloak. Sadly, by the time I grabbed my camera he’d managed to disentangle himself.
He’s given us a whole boatload of joy. Fabulous moments that no amount of money can buy. It made me think of others things that happen during the day that bring me pleasure. Not only the big stuff, like being grateful for my wonderful hubby, for our blessed good health, friends, family – though I am grateful, more than I could ever say. It’s the little things that often slip by unnoticed. Here’s just some of the things that gave me pleasure in the past twenty four hours:
1. snowdrops in the field near our house
2. watching the sun go down and the glorious sunset that followed
3. Zorro greeting me with mad joy when I came home from work
4. AJ’s smile and the twinkle in his eyes
5. My mum telling me she’s feeling better after recovering from flu
6. A favourite chocolate biscuit with a nice cup of tea
7. Phone call from a dear friend wishing me a happy semi-retirement
8. Vase of beautiful daffodils in my kitchen
9. Slipping into a bed with freshly laundered sheets
10.A new romance novel to start at bedtime
That’s just a few of my things. I’d love to know yours.