You will need:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small to medium jar of salsa
- 2 – 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 6 ounce can black olives, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into triangles
- 1 cup jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Brown meat, onion, and garlic. Drain. Add salsa. tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, and olives. Simmer for 15 minutes. In separate bowl mix cottage cheese and egg. Set aside. In greased 13 X 9 inch pan, layer half the tortillas, half the cottage cheese & egg mixture, the jack cheese, and half the meat mixture. Repeat and top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes.
Enjoy with family or friends.